Welcome!

My name is Wendy and I am slightly obsessed with all things photography. My goal for 2010 is to take a photo a day and post it here, on this blog. At the end of the year, I should have a pretty good idea what 2010 looked like. Let's hope 2010 looks better than 2009.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 25

26

I grew up in the suburbs. With neighborhoods, and playgrounds, and greenbelts, and shopping. Where the ice cream truck came around in the summer and the kids got together in the winter to sled down the local hill. Where the grocery store was right around the corner and the library was stocked full of favorite books and comfy chairs. Summer nights smelled faintly of the seashore.

Right now we're living in the country. Where the closest grocery store is ten miles away and there's not a single stop light in our town. Where guns are plentiful but not a Nordstroms in sight. Summer nights smell faintly of farm animals.

This is one of the donkeys that lives right behind us. Our house is just behind him in the distance. I am learning to appreciate the beauty of the country. Some days are easier than others. But I'm learning.

8 comments:

Unknown January 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Where you live in that area?

Megan January 26, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

I'm a new "follower" of yours and just wanted to say... I grew up in the country and am now living in the city. I'm still learning to appreciate it- I miss the ability to see the horizon :) Beautiful photo!

lindalou January 27, 2010 at 7:07 AM  

Nice photo. It took me by surprise. I'll be headed to the country later this year, so keep sharing your adjustments. You never know who they might help.

Marla January 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

Beautiful shot!! Love the texture.

Samantha January 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM  

Beautiful..love the composition and texture. We live waaay out in the country where to go to a grocery store is 45+ minutes away...I love it but sometimes wish things were a little more accessible.

breeze January 27, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Okay, I love this.

SarahCate January 27, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Beautiful picture!

Melissa Weber January 27, 2010 at 8:08 PM  

You make this donkey and the country look very beautiful!

Post a Comment

Followers

Copyright

All images published on this blog are the property of Wendy VonSosen and are protected under federal copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the photographer.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP