Welcome!

My name is Wendy and I am slightly obsessed with all things photography. My goal for 2010 is to take a photo a day and post it here, on this blog. At the end of the year, I should have a pretty good idea what 2010 looked like. Let's hope 2010 looks better than 2009.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

hey! i am loving your posts on jenn's blog! i have a D40 & a D70...i still can't figure out how to change the fstop to blur the background? i would love your help!!

Thanks! Well, I don't have either of those cameras but there should be an aperture button next to the shutter button that you hold while turning the dial. Not sure, since I don't know those cameras at all. If you still have your camera manual, it will definitely have instructions for aperture in it. I was amazed what I learned when I finally read my manual. :) If you don't have your manual, you can find all kinds of info on Nikons at www.kenrockwell.com. Good luck!

Ask me anything

2 comments:

Bec May 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM  

I have the D40. Either put it in Aperture mode (the A on the dial) OR shoot using manual focus (the switch is on the lens- switch from A to M) and then you choose what to focus on and it will blur out the rest!

http://www.theiheartblog.com

Maoda May 28, 2010 at 3:57 AM  

Hi there Wendy! This is Maoda - my friends call me Dadie and I live in Greece. Your photoblog has been the reason I started photoshooting, playing with PS4 and blogging.I am a begginner I had never shoot with DSLR before. All started from March 2010. I took my D80 and shoot everything. Your photos are amazing. I love them! You have a great community there....I am learning a lot from you and iheartfaces and I am greatful. Hope to keep in touch!

Post a Comment

Followers

Copyright

All images published on this blog are the property of Wendy VonSosen and are protected under federal copyright laws.

The images may not be reproduced, copied, transmitted or manipulated without the written permission of the photographer.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP